Headlines
Tantita empowers NSCDC with modern tools for enhanced performance, operational efficiency

Funso OLOJO, Editor
The Tantita security company has empowered the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) with modern equipment and operational vehicles to enhance its performance.
This follows the donation of a modern command control centre and Hilux vehicles to the security outfit which were unveiled in Abuja on Thursday, February 26th, 2026.
Speaking at the handing over ceremony, the Managing Director, Tantita, Kestin Ebimorbowei, said the partnership aligns with the Federal Government’s reform agenda aimed at strengthening economic performance and national stability.
He described the initiative as a demonstration of the company’s commitment to national development.
Ebimorbowei, who was represented by the company’s Executive Director, Operations and Technical, Capt. Warredi Enisuoh,said although the centre is located in Abuja, its operational reach will cover the entire country.
Enisuoh noted that the facility is equipped with advanced monitoring systems to enhance air, land, and real-time incident surveillance.
He described the 24-hour centre as a major step toward deeper technological integration within the corps, adding that it would support the NSCDC and other security agencies in fulfilling their constitutional mandates.
Capt. Enisuoh commended NSCDC personnel for protecting Tantita operatives, noting that private security guards are not legally permitted to bear arms.
He also revealed that 15 Officers lost their lives while working with the company and pledged continued support for the families of fallen personnel.
“We rate this partnership ten over ten,” he said, citing the sacrifices of uniformed Officers.
In his remarks, NSCDC Commandant General, Professor Ahmed Audi, thanked Tantita for the fully furnished facility and two Hilux operational vehicles.
He announced that the structure has been named the “Nuhu Ribadu Hydrocarbon and Maritime Security Command and Control Centre.”
Audi said the centre would be integrated with the Office of the National Security Adviser to strengthen coordination among security agencies.
According to him, it will enhance intelligence gathering, information sharing, and inter-agency collaboration, particularly in hydrocarbon and maritime security.
He stressed that structured data management and credible intelligence dissemination are critical to national development and expressed confidence that the new facility would significantly boost the corps’ operational capacity.
Also speaking, the Executive Chairman of Zuma Energy Power Ltd, Dr. Innocent Ezuma, announced the donation of an additional building for VIP protection services.
Represented by Nwoko Alex, he said the facility would improve standards in safeguarding high-profile individuals while contributing to national security.
He described the initiative as a global-standard addition to Nigeria’s security architecture and expressed confidence that it would strengthen investor confidence and economic growth.
Continue Reading
Analyses
Beyond The Lagos Communique: Can West Africa’s $27 Billion Port Rhetoric Outrun Gridlock?

The Monday Discourse with NASIRU focuses on the take away from the just concluded PMAWCA board meeting in Lagos.
Last week, maritime leaders gathered in Lagos for the PMAWCA conference, celebrating a staggering $27 billion infrastructure boom and drawing up plans to replicate the seamless digital models of Rotterdam and Singapore.
But for the average importer, agent, or truck driver trapped in the chaos of Apapa or Tin Can, the disconnect is jarring.
West African Ports are masterful at planning, but historically abysmal at executing.
A multi-billion-dollar Deep Sea Port is just an expensive parking lot for containers if the surrounding rail and road infrastructure remains broken.
True competitiveness will not be won by the nation that signs the largest contract; it will be won by the nation that actually clears a container without corruption, extortion, or manual delays.
It is time to move past courtroom style policy curation and deploy an execution squad.
Read full details tomorrow on why West Africa’s maritime sector needs dockyard discipline over boardroom eloquence.
Headlines
Sallah celebration: Osun govt offers free train ride to indigenes as NRC increases Lagos–Ibadan Train Trips for Sallah

Gloria Odion, maritime reporter
The Osun State government has made full payment to the Nigerian Railway Corporation( NRC) for the use of its narrow gauge rail services to transport the indigenes of the state free of charge for the Sallah celebration.
The annual gesture was confirmed by the management of the Corporation while announcing a temporary increase in train services on the Lagos–Ibadan Train Service (LITS) corridor for Tuesday, May 26, 2026, ahead of the Sallah celebration.
The NRC revealed that the Osun government free train ride will be on its narrow gauge corridor.
The special train will depart from Iddo Station, Lagos, on Tuesday, May 26, 2026, while the return trip from Osogbo to Lagos will take place on Thursday, May 28, 2026.
The service, which is usually operated during festive periods, is being sponsored by the Osun State Government through a paid arrangement with the Nigerian Railway Corporation to convey Osun indigenes free of charge for the Sallah celebration.
Meanwhile, the Corporation has announced an adjustment to its schedule on its Lagos–Ibadan Train Service (LITS) corridor for Tuesday, May 26, 2026, ahead of the Sallah
The temporary adjustment is aimed at accommodating the expected increase in passenger movement as many Nigerians travel to celebrate the festive season with their families and loved ones.
Under the special arrangement, the Corporation will operate six train trips on Tuesday, May 26, 2026, instead of the usual four trips currently operated on the corridor.
For the day, train departures from the Lagos end will be at 7:45am, 1:40pm and 4:00pm, while departures from the Ibadan end will be at 8:00am, 10:50am and 4:30pm.
The Management clarified that this arrangement is strictly temporary and applies only to the Sallah travel period.
Immediately after the celebration, the normal Tuesday timetable of four trips will resume.
Similarly, the recently introduced Thursday six-trip operations will be temporarily adjusted next week, as only four trips will operate on Thursday May, 28th during the period under review.
The regular six-trip Thursday schedule will however resume the following week.
The NRC reassured passengers of its commitment to providing safe, efficient and reliable rail transportation services across the country and wishes all Nigerians a peaceful and memorable Sallah celebration.
Headlines
NRC expresses fresh concerns over consistent railway vandalism in the North

Funso OLOJO, Editor
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has raised serious concern over renewed and coordinated attacks on railway infrastructure in parts of the country.
This followed fresh incidents of vandalism recorded in Plateau and Bauchi States.
The Corporation described the disturbing development as a direct attack on critical national infrastructure and an affront on public safety, economic growth and national security.
In one of the latest incidents recorded on May 21, 2026, a truck reportedly loaded with vandalized railway materials became stuck between Kuru and Science School, Kuru in Plateau State, exposing the dangerous activities of criminal elements involved in the destruction and illegal movement of railway materials.
Similarly, along Zango, in Bauchi State, between Kilometer 878 and 889, railway slippers were completely removed on both sides of a level crossing, leaving behind few disjointed rail pieces.
The Corporation warned that such acts could result in catastrophic train accidents, disruption of rail services, loss of lives and destruction of government investments worth billions of naira.
The NRC emphasized that railway tracks, slippers, clips, fastenings and signaling materials are critical national assets built with taxpayers’ money to facilitate transportation, trade, economic activities and national development, and should never be treated as scraps for illegal business.
The Managing Director/CEO of the NRC, Dr. Kayode Opeifa, strongly condemned the persistent attacks on railway facilities, describing the trend as sabotage against national progress and a serious threat to the safety of passengers and railway personnel.
According to him, the increasing incidents of vandalism in the North Central and North East corridors indicate a dangerous pattern that requires urgent collective action from security agencies, state governments, traditional rulers, community leaders and residents living along railway lines.
Dr. Opeifa appealed to Nigerians to see railway infrastructure as a national symbol and strategic economic asset that must be protected at all times.
He warned vandals, scrap dealers and individuals involved in the illegal purchase, movement or destruction of railway materials to desist immediately, stressing that anyone caught would face the full weight of the law.
The Corporation also called on security agencies to intensify surveillance and enforcement operations around railway corridors nationwide, while urging members of the public to remain vigilant and promptly report suspicious activities around railway facilities.
Headlines3 months agoThe rise of Olatunji Disu: From Aide-De-Camp (ADC) in 1999 to IGP in 2026
Economy3 months agoNigeria’s Oil exports face threat as US- Israel attack on Iran escalates, Strait of Hormuz blockade imminent
Headlines3 months agoNIWA Lagos Area Manager, Sarat Braimah, wins Nelson Mandela Pan African Leadership Award
Headlines3 months agoNRC plans electric rail operations across the country- Opeifa
Headlines3 months agoLekki Port boosts Nigeria’s trade surge as NPA releases 2025 operational performance
Customs3 months agoApapa Customs, Navy deepen partnership for seamless cargo movement along Apapa port corridor










